Saturday, April 26, 2008

Lee Just Watched (Apr 12 - Apr 25)

1. Crossing the Line (07): DOC about four American GIs who defected to North Korea . Interesting, WWW

2. Love in the Time of Cholera (07): Based on the novel by Gabriel Garcia Marquez which I loved. I was wary of the film, but happily surprised. WBTIE.

3. Flannel Pajamas (06): Romantic indie drama about the evolution and dissolution of a relationship. CFE.

4. All About My Mother (1999): Spanish director Pedro Almodovar knocks it out of the park. Remember 'Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown' (1988)? And again in (o4) with 'Talk to Her'? Always a treat.......

5. The Nines (07): Unusual film done in three acts. BMM. I think WWW but my guess is NECOT.

6. On and Off the Rails (07): British DOC. , compilation of British short docs about the railway system since its inception. Good if you are fascinated by trains.

7. Bombay (1995):Indian, NMCOT, I just can't get past the Bollywood dubbed singing and dancing to wait for the plot....

8. The Pact of Silence (03): French, Gerard Depardieu plays Jesuit priest who loses his career by getting involved with mysterious twins....I love him so I LEM. Good thriller that kept me guessing. EOS.

9. Onibaba (1965): Japanese director Kaneto Shindu's blk&wht tale set in wartorn medieval Japan. LEM, LLI, WWW.

10. Monsieur Ibrahim (03): French, set in 60's working class nieghborhood in Paris. Teenager bonds with local shopkeeper. LEM, LLI, WWW.

11. Mahangar (1963): Indian, 1960's explores the impact of feminism on one working class family. I loved all the characters and found this delightful. WWW.

No comments: